Lately we’ve been making an effort to get out more, enjoying the weather when it’s nice, showing Clare that life does go on outside the house, even going out to dinner on occasion. Today the weather was beautiful, sunny blue skies and nearly 50 degrees. When I got home from work I found both Jeff and Clare napping, I took advantage of the quiet and got a few quick things accomplished before I heard Clare talking in her crib.
After Jeff woke up I suggested a walk to the park, the afternoon sun was still warm and the breeze wasn’t too bad. Kai was thrilled at the prospect of a walk, she was so excited she nearly busted down the door. I loved walking to the park, we only saw a few other people on the path and there weren’t any other kids at the park, Clare had the whole thing to herself.
Clare loves the swing, she was giggling and smiling the entire time. I told Jeff that hearing her laugh like that was worth the walk, it was so fun to watch her enjoying herself.
Watching Clare swinging up high and laughing made my day, I look forward to the days when she asks to go to the park and climbs on the jungle gym all by herself, it won’t be long. Today Jeff took Clare down the slide, I think she enjoyed it more than he did; apparently it was a little narrow for an adult.
Kai was pretty excited; she climbed the steps but chickened out when it came to actually going down the slide.
Kai was waiting for Clare at the bottom of the slide.
Hey Mom, what is this stuff?
A February family photo.
Clare laughing is one of my favorite sounds, she has the sweetest voice I've ever heard.
It’s days like today that remind me how much I love my life. I look forward to many walks to the park and time spent pushing Clare in a swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment