Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter


Today was Clare’s first Easter, and like many first Easters it was filled with egg hunts and sweets.  I will admit that I didn’t do a bit huge Easter basket and fancy to-do, that’s just not our style, and since she won’t have any memory of it so I convinced myself it was OK to not do it up. 

Saturday morning there was an Easter egg hunt at the Sports Dome.  Jeff had to help with the event so Clare and I went and enjoyed the festivities.  I forgot to bring her Easter basket, she has a Peter Rabbit Easter basket in her room, luckily we were able to hold all of our eggs in our hands, next year I’m sure we’ll need the basket.  There were lots of eggs of all colors all over the field, luckily they had it blocked off and divided up by age group, 3 and under going first.  Clare and I found a few eggs off to the side, out of the way of all the kids running, and spent our time picking them up. 






















We found a few eggs off to the side where Clare could watch the other kids.























Hmmmm...






















Look Mama!






















Another one!






















Check out both of my eggs!




































Another little boy walking by stopped and shared his eggs with Clare, he wasn't so sure but Mom was excited to share.
















Clare has recently gotten the idea of sharing, she enjoys passing anything back and forth.  I hope she continues to share as she gets older.






















After picking up a few eggs and watching the older kids we headed out front where Jeff was greeting everyone.  I think Clare enjoyed seeing all the kids and watching everything.  For her first Easter egg hunt I think it was perfect, low key and not too many people. 

Sunday morning Clare woke up and played in her crib before calling my name.  It was clear from the moment I walked in her room that she wasn’t herself.  Our morning was full of general unhappiness and eye rubbing.  She eventually surrendered to a short nap after which she was in a much better mood.  Her day ended early, it was clear she was tired and ready for bed.  I don’t like seeing her so unhappy, I hope tomorrow is a better day for her. 

We hope that everyone had a Happy Easter and that the Easter bunny found you and left some treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment